Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Ramblings

So many thotughts.... where do I begin?

Have I told you that I love reading?
Yes I do! Since I was like 6 years old I have been an avid reader. I just enjoy diving into a story, getting to know the characters like they are friends and family. Reading opens up my mind and I can imagine and see the story coming to life. Now I must clarify that I only enjoy reading for leisure not for work or classes.
The latest book I'm reading is written by Karen Kingsbury and it is part of her Baxter Family drama series. I've really enjoyed reading this series so far and I will reccomend it to anyone who loves reading.
Karen Kingsbury is a Christian author, and as such her books can be categorized as Christian fiction. The only complaint I can think to make is that Karen loves to describe a lot. She spends a lot of time describing a setting, the way someone's face looked when he saw his wife, the way the children played with the fish in the pond. However, overall Kingsbury knows how to bring a story to life.

In case you're that curious, here's a list of some of my fav reads:
-The Chronicles of Narnia, C.S. Lewis
-Redeeming Love -Francine Rivers
-The Pursuit of God -A.W. Tozer
-The Pursuit of Man -A.W. Tozer
-Blink -Ted Dekker
-Showdown -Ted Dekker
-Little Women -Louisa May Alcott

...And many more!

2 comments:

  1. Ah... *sighs* a fellow bookworm like me... I am a book junkie.. I just love reading.. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Remi,
    Good to have a fellow bookworm at my blog! What book are you currently reading?

    ReplyDelete