Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Where is your compass pointing?

The other day, I was hanging out with a good friend of mine, and we were on our way to go pick up one of his friends for lunch. As we were driving, we missed our turn and next thing you know, we're in this neighborhood and we didn't know how to get out of there. So he looks at his map on his cell phone and he begins to map out our way back on track. Then I asked him how he could know where his east or west was. Then he explained the process to me. He explained to me that often times we determine the east or west from our perspective. So someone driving in a different direction from me is going to have a different east. However, he said there's something call true north which means there will be true east, west , and south. This means that no matter your perspective there is only one true north and when someone says to turn true north, that's the only direction you can turn.

This got me thinking. In the world today many people say that there are many paths to eternal life. According to them it is all a matter of perspectives. So in other words, my east is right because from where I'm at, it is east. While I agree that we all come different backgrounds and directions, I must say that in order to get to our desired destination, which is eternal life, we must turn True North. Jesus said, "I am THE Way, THE Truth, and THE Life. No one comes to the Father except through me." Jesus is not a way, He is not just another perspective on how to get to heaven, He is the True Compass. So today no matter where your personal compass is pointing, would you turn True North?

2 comments:

  1. Ohh...... isn't that the truth? He is the only option and the true compass. Love it! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey darling! Where u been? Yes o He and only Him is the True compass.

    ReplyDelete