Thursday, June 18, 2009

Take Heed!!!

"You who think you stand, take heed lest you fall."
Ever been in that place in life where you've always said, "if I were in that position, I wouldn't do such and such." Only to be confronted with the situation and alas you fall....
Your story then becomes easier said than done.
The word of God says, "Not by might, nor by power, but by My Spirit says the Lord"...
I was in that place just recently... I had been soo sure of my ability to resist that thing that so easily beset me that I forgot to flee every appearance of evil. The end result was obviously not pleasant. Now while I was rescued in the nick of time, my spirit was still unsettled knowing that I had grieved the Holy Spirit of God.

And so I turned back to Him, like a child that has been wounded and I sought Him... still seeking Him. You know that song that talks about His steadfast love and His mercies that never come to an end but that are new every morning? That song is so relevant. He says that if we confess our unrighteousness, He is faithful and just to forgive us. Isn't that amazing? He is still willing to show me loving kindness for His Name's sake. He says that He longs to show me compassion.

But here is the difficulty or should I say the struggle. While I am aware that He is ministering His love and forgiveness to me, my mind/soul cannot but wonder if I'll be able to forget what happened or if I'll be able to have peace about certain decisions I made. In the midst of all that, I get that impartation in my spirit that says, "You cannot have peace until you embrace joy." In other words before I can even begin to understand whether or not I have peace about my decisions... I first have to joyfully accept the free gift of love and forgiveness that He's given. Like how about I start from there right? So I remember that I need to put on the garment of praise to shake off the spirit of despair and guilt.

Two scriptures for today:
"I don’t mean to say that I have already achieved these things or that I have already reached perfection. But I press on to possess that perfection for which Christ Jesus first possessed me. No, dear brothers and sisters, I have not achieved it, but I focus on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead, I press on to reach the end of the race and receive the heavenly prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us."
--Philippians 3:12-14

"When I was a child, I spoke and thought and reasoned as a child. But when I grew up, I put away childish things. Now we see things imperfectly as in a cloudy mirror, but then we will see everything with perfect clarity. All that I know now is partial and incomplete, but then I will know everything completely, just as God now knows me completely."
--1 Cor. 13:11-12

Have a blessed day! And remember to press on! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment