Monday, December 5, 2011

What shall I Say?

Hello World!

It's been a minute since I was here. I apologize profusely and promise to try to be better. Interestingly, I haven't been away from Blogville, just away from my own blog. In the time I've been away, I just haven't had the drive or desire to come on here and write. Why, you may ask. I think it has to do with the fact that I had somehow defined this blog as Inspirational and outlet for my creative writing blog and inspiration eluded me these past couple months, so I had nothign to write. However, today I am coming on here to really just pour my heart out. I'm not quite sure there is a particular direcrion this post is going in, so please bear with me. I may just end up re-capping some events in my life.

Just recently, it was Thanksgiving and I had a lot to be thankful for. God has been so good to me and my family. When I lost my job, He surprised me and gave me one even better. He protected us to this point and continues to show us His new mercies everyday. God is good. I thank God for His faithfulness.

Now we are going into another holiday of the season, and for some reason, this holiday has stress associated with it. This ought not be so. Christmas is about celebrating the birth of our Lord Jesus Christ, but when we observe how it is celebrated today, it really is not a celebration but a burden. The retail stores beckon on you to come buy their products at so called discount rates, people keep asking you, "what are you getting me for Christmas," and the list goes on. Aside from the strains on your pocket book, there are those thoughts of regret or disappointment that creep in. "Oh I wanted to have achieved this and that by the end of the year but I have nothign to show..." So instead of us being grateful anf joyfull that Jesus the Messiah was born and we can now say "Emmanuel" we are pre-occupied with what we want, what we don't have, and all the regrets of the year. I truly pray that this Christmas will be different for everyone. That we will find the peace and joy that He brings us this season and always. That we enjoy His presence even in the very mundane.

So I leave you with this to offset your Christmas season:



In Him.

1 comment: