Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Delight yourself...

"There's a river
Whose streams make glad
The city of Our God

There's a fountain
Full of Grace
That flows from Emmanuel's veins

I will rejoice (2x)
And be glad!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uq2Mi026Rdc

I love this song and it has just been ministering to me. I've been thinking about delighting in the Lord and what it means. I'm learning that delighting in the Lord means to find joy in Who He is and in the works of His hands. Like when I wake up in the morning and I have a song in my heart and a smile on my lips that is actually from my heart. When I walk to work and I notice the beautiful spring flowers or the lovely fresh green leaves! Lol I'm a dork I know... When I'm on the bus and someone smiles at me with such a loving and genuine smile that makes me know that He is smiling at me! lol... I delight in the amazing friends He's placed in my life (they know who they are). And those amazing people I come across in blogville!!! I delight in Him for letting me see another birthday... this is also part of His consistent love.

No matter what is going on around me, I will choose to rejoice and be glad... My God, the lover of my soul.. the one that makes my heart sing.. that draws me close... that calls my name in the middle of the night... will always be by my side...
People come and go... situations come and go, and if I focus on them I will miss out on a joy that has no boundaries... So today while I'm still breathing, I will delight in Him..

"I am confident that I will yet see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living." Today is the land of the living!

Have a blessed one people!

2 comments:

  1. "People come and go... situations come and go, and if I focus on them I will miss out on a joy that has no boundaries..."Couldn't have said it any better. If we focus on issues, that's all our lives will matter for. But there's MORE...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true JayCee... I'm learning to stop and smell the roses (and I mean literally too ;-)) But yea the important thing is to stay focused on what God has done, what He is doing, and to thank Him for the blessings around me

    ReplyDelete